Sales people continually tell me they have great relationships with their clients’ C-Level executives. Well, here is the test.
What have you done for your executive lately?
What has your executive done for you lately?
This is the win-win bond that defines a positive professional executive relationship.
Today’s sales nugget from my book “Take Me to Your Leaders” reminds you to keep your guard up; competitors will move in quickly if you don’t maintain your professional relationships.
The executive has approved and bought your product/service, and now is the time to cement your professional relationship.
- Deliver and remind him you worked hard to make it happen.
- Provide continued results that offer “positive professional impacts,”
- Keep asking questions to stay current on needs and expectations,
- Make a specific plan for ongoing contact and meetings – not necessarily social contact;
- If the C- level is pleased (when asked) with the results you’ve been delivering, then ask for more business,
Don’t slack off or competitors will find an opening — relationships are assets to maintain and reassess frequently.